PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (the name is a recursive acronym) is a widely used, general-purpose scripting language that was originally designed for web development to produce dynamic web pages.
What Can PHP Do?
- PHP is a server-side scripting language whose primary purpose is to generate HTML content.
- It was originally developed as a set of server-side modules to perform some specific Web-server tasks on small, Unix-based Web servers.
- PHP supports many databases (MySQL, Informix, Oracle, Sybase, Solid, PostgreSQL, Generic ODBC, etc.).
Why It Is Popular?
- Three thing make PHP popular.
- The first is that it is easy: easy to implement, easy to learn, and easy to use.
- The second is that it is free. PHP is free to download .
- The third is that it runs on almost any Web server on almost any platform currently available.
|PHP files have a file extension of '.php', '.php3'.|